I offer psychotherapy, counselling and coaching to individuals, couples and special groups using a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches for dealing with emotional, relationship and psychological difficulties.
Strongly committed to the profession and my work with clients, I am passionate about the transformative power of therapeutic relationships - something I have witnessed many times in my work and something I know from my own therapeutic experience.
- I am bound by PACFA, The International and the Australian Transactional Analysis Associations codes of ethics.
- I am in regular clinical supervision, a learning environment all therapists need to participate in to ensure their clients are cared for in the safest, most professional and effective manner.
- I also attend my own weekly psychotherapy and have done for many years. In my view, one has to be in therapy to practise it.
My professional life started as a nurse and I worked in a number of clinical, research and teaching roles. The holistic approach to care first championed by nurses in part underpins my work as a psychotherapist. Later I pursued a career in medical journalism and I worked in management roles as an editor, corporate relations manager and in a range of other communications and project roles. My coaching skills are derived from my experience in the media, publishing and corporate worlds.
- The Australian Transactional Analysis Association
- The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Employee Assistance Program counsellor with Eudoxia
- The International Association of Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- The International Transactional Analysis Association
Current related roles
- The Transactional Analysis Journal (Editorial Board Member)
- Australian Transactional Analysis Association ( Board Member 2012-14)
- Diploma of Applied Science Nursing (Sydney)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Sydney)
- Cert IV Transactional Analysis theory (Australian Centre for Integrative Studies)
- Diploma of Transactional Analysis - Psychotherapy (Australian Centre for Integrative Studies)
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Course (Sydney Institute for Psychoanalysis) - 2014-15
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy - Level 3
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy - Level A (Interpersonal Psychotherapy Institute)
Courses and workshops
- Recognising and responding appropriately to domestic and family violence (Lifeline)
- Suicide prevention professional development training (Australian Psychological Society)
- REACH facilitator trained (Blackdog Institute)
- Understanding evidence-based couples therapy (Relationships Institute)
- Advanced skills for treating complex couples (Relationships Institute)
- The footprint of trauma (NSW Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy)
Would you like to know more?
Take action for change and contact me to discuss an initial consultation by phoning 0405 019 508 or make an online appointment.
TAKE ACTION TODAY AND SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Click on the button below to book online or use the contact page on this site. Alternatively phone me on: