GAY AND LESBIAN CLIENTS
The Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) experience involves a unique set of life circumstances that bring with it the potential for complex emotional challenges as one struggles to find a sense of identity and belonging in a world where material, legal and relational discrimination continues to exist.
GLBQTI individuals and couples seek therapy for a range or reasons. Some wish to explore trust issues, issues of identity, lack of self confidence or the stress of navigating the pressure to present a very different public persona to the one that feels more authentic out of the social spotlight.
Often I see clients who might have come out some time ago but work remains at a deeper level around processing and integrating this and other complex experiences.
GLBQTI clients come to therapy for issues including:
- Navigating a straight world
- Exhaustion from 'being' someone who isn't really who you are
- Looking for authenticity in others and feeling alone
- Lack of trust, disappointments and rejections
- Redefining who we are when we seek a relationship
- Dealing with traumas from the past and the present
- Dealing with the feeling of wanting to flee as relationships get serious
- Rejection and losses
- Family complexities
- Sexual concerns
- Drug use and its implications
- Long-term relationship issues such as communication or drifting apart
I have experience working with GLBQT clients facing these issues and many others. My approach is supportive, deeply empathic and non-judgemental. Should you be facing any of the issues above I would encourage you to make contact to discuss an appointment.
SCHEDULE AN INITIAL CONSULTATION TODAY
Click the button below to book a consultation or use the contact page of this site. Alternatively, phone me on: